MAGH ENE COLLEGE PARENT-TEACHER MEETINGS
TIPS FOR PARENTS
- Before the meeting ask your child if there is anything that [s]he would like you to discuss with the teacher.
- Arrive as early as possible – it takes a considerable amount of time to get around all the subject teachers. There may be long queues.
- When you meet the teachers tell them:
- your name & your child’s name
- his/her class / year group
- Avoid discussion of topics that are not related to the purpose of the meeting.
- Be open-minded to suggestions from the teacher.
- Ask how you can support your child’s progress at school.
- Take notes on what has been discussed to bring back as feedback to your child.
- Emphasise the importance of homework and planned study at home and help your child to implement his/her teachers’ recommendations.